With apologies for cross-posting...
I'm excited to share a unique online climate literacy training with PNP members that is free to all participants.
Originally developed as a PRME Champions subgroup project, with leadership from Nottingham Business School in the UK and other stakeholders, PRME's Climate Literacy Training leverages a "train-the-trainer" approach to help academics, students, and other participants quickly become "Carbon Literate." Once literate, the programming encourages them to adopt pragmatic climate solutions in their own life and work. Invitations are sent to universities and business schools for regional events so participants can become trainers in their own institutions or become involved in training in other regions.
Training typically takes place over four online sessions and includes the following topics:
● The basic science behind the climate crisis;
● The impact different sectors, such as what food has on our climate and vice versa;
● The En-ROADS Climate Solutions Simulator
● Climate Change mitigation tools for your discipline or/and function;
● Solutions with the highest impact;
● Strategies and skills for communicating and/or teaching climate actions; and
● Your personal possibilities to take action privately and in your current/ future role.
In addition, participants who complete the training and the assessment form will be eligible to receive a certificate issued by the Carbon Literacy Project. The most recent training in June-July had a 100% pass rate.
To register for our upcoming training sessions, please mark your calendars for four Wednesdays starting November 8th, from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (EST).
Register here → https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZMrde-orz4pE9ShBuV6wKWjRON0i1_ckGwj#/registration